I’m happy to announce the kick off of our Pilot Mentorship Program. There has been a lot of hard work put in the past two months focused on building the strategy, recruiting folks passionate to support the Program Setup for Smart Leaders and many talks with Mentors & Mentees to discuss our vision.
I’d like to first off welcome our AMAZING team of volunteers and thank them for joining this journey with SLN and all of you participating in the pilot. You’ll see more about them in the upcoming two weeks on the “Volunteer” page. Stay Tuned!
The Mentorship Program was developed based on a passion Barbara and I had. We were talking and said..”Wouldn’t it be great if we could offer up a program to evolve our next generation of leaders while giving back to causes that were important to us and the community”. Hence the Mentorship Program was born.
Our Vision became clearer over the last few months……..
1. Our Vision – Continually Developing Business Excellence!
2. Our Mission – Establishing a Platform for “Paying it Forward” to become a Catalyst for Global Change
Senior professionals “paying it forward”
Generating money for charitable organizations
Developing junior to mid level professionals
With much help and support we strive to run a Pilot Program this year focused on the following:
- Setting up a team of Smart Leader Volunteers to help us build our dream program
- Set up the materials, guidelines and metrics that the Mentors & Mentees will utilize for a successful mentoring relationship
- Match a set of teams (Mentors/Mentees) by August and monitor how the program is working
- Capture Lessons Learned and Success Stories while continually improving the “Pilot” in 2011
- Deeming the program “Successful” for a LIVE Chargeable service under the Smart Leaders Network that will generate money for numerous charitable causes and organizations in 2012
Barbara and I are excited to see ours and many others dream come true. We hope to revolutionize the mechanism for building our next generation of Leaders while donating money to causes that really matter.
Thank you to those of you joining us on this journey.
Director, Smart Mentoring