Hi SLN Members –
I wanted to follow up Barbara’s announcement last month (March 22nd) about the Mentorship Program with further information for all of you to keep your interest.
First off Barbara has asked me to take on the role of Director of Smart Mentoring . I’m very excited to be leading the Mentor/Mentee program of work and have the opportunity to work with many of you.
To expand on Barbara’s original high level strategy, I’ve been working on a program plan with the next level of detail. The program plan consists of mapping the high level strategy to an operating working model along with organizational work streams, deliverables, timelines, and communications mechanisms.
I’ll be kicking off the Pilot Mentorship Program June 1st. To gain early interest I’m sharing details as Barbara and I are in the planning phase.
2011 “Pilot” Mentoring Program Activities:
- Strategic planning & Program Setup (April/May)
- Recruit Volunteers (April-December; Ongoing)
- Kick off “Pilot” Program (June 1st)
- Create reference materials, guidelines and coaching strategies (June 15 – August 15)
- Design website & DB (data & metrics) (June 15 – August 30)
- Identify and adopt charity campaigns (June 15 – August 30)
- Mentor/Mentee matches assigned (August 20)
- Run the “Pilot” (September 1 – December 31)
- Pilot Lessons Learned (September 1 – December 31)
- Kick off “Live” Chargeable Mentorship Program (January 2012)
In the next few weeks I’ll be working further on the operating and organizational model. As of today we’ll need subject area experts to lead the following functional areas.
Marketing – External marketing materials, coaching guidelines, tools, social media, newsletters, webinar recruitment and more
Operations – Website and DB management, lessons learned, knowledge base, metrics and continuous improvement and more
Human Resources – Coaching strategies, people goals, mentor & mentee matches, developmental tools and more
Strategic Philanthropy – Media campaigns, global outreach program, host workshops with community interest groups and more
Charitable Programs – Selection, setup and measurement inclusive of success criteria in partnership with Strategic Philanthropy team. Recruit sponsors for SLN and more
If you interested or would like to know more details behind the functional areas please send me a message via LinkedIn or email@example.com and please include your email address so I can follow up with you.